Have you experienced Amazon error 9074 on your Roku devices? If so, you don’t be troubled about this issue. We got your back to resolve this issue with easy-proven methods.
The Amazon error 9074 is a new error that mainly occurs when users are trying to watch movies or any videos on their Roku devices.
Sadly, there is no feedback from Amazon officials regarding this issue. They only mentioned it is a technical problem, and they are trying to solve it as early as possible. However, customers can’t wait that much time; they want the authority to solve it as early as possible.
If you are also thinking about how to resolve this issue, you have nothing to panic about. Just read the whole article until we finish and find your ultimate solution from it. Let’s jump in!
Why the Amazon Prime error 9074 occurs?
Thousands of users experienced this error. It occurs for different reasons for different users. Plus, we have shortlisted a few primary reasons.
- The most common reason can be technical issues or, simply put, a backend server issue.
- Like other online platforms, Amazon users may experience service outages where a particular location or all around the world is out of service.
- When you use a Roku device to stream Amazon Prime while using a channel, you may undergo a channel configuration issue.
- Watching Amazon Prime Videos on your Roku may put the device in another issue as all your activities track down on Amazon Account Management.
- If any of the devices you are using have an error state earlier, you may experience the Amazon error 9074.
- The Amazon error 9074 can occur if you share the same internet with other devices, although you don’t have sufficient bandwidth.
- Sometimes, using a VPN or proxy may be the reason behind this problem.
How to fix the Amazon error 9074?
Before implementing any solution, ensure that you have already saved your important information or data. You can’t get back the data after executing a particular solution.
Method 1 —Check Amazon Prime Video Status
Before implementing any particular solution, you need to make sure the Amazon video is not down. If there is any issue like server down or undergoing maintenance, users have no control over it. Contact other users if they are also facing the same problem or not. If not, you can follow the below-listed solutions.
Method 2 —Restart Your Device
Before moving into other technical solutions, we can try a simple yet effective method. Well, we are talking about power cycling your setup, which means restarting the device you are using to watch Amazon Prime videos. Once you implement this solution, all the temporary data will be removed, and your device will be restart freshly.
- Switch off your Roku device as well as your computer.
- Unplug the power cable of all devices and press the power button for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Now, leave the power switch and give it rest for some time, at least 10 minutes.
- After giving it some rest, connect the line cord to the power cable and check whether the Amazon error 9074 is still persisting or not.
Method 3 —Reset Your Roku Channel
You have probably added a channel if you are using a Roku device to browse Amazon Prime videos. Many problems may come out when you set you a Roku channel manually, like the lack of perfect configuration.
- Visit the menu option of the Roku channel and go to the Prime Video channel.
- Tap on the Channel icon or use your remote button to reach the option directly and then select the Remove option.
- Once you successfully removed the channel, you will reboot your PC appropriately.
- After rebooting the PC, you will visit the Channel Store and tap on the Prime Video.
- Now, choose the “Add Channel” option.
- After adding the channel, you will open Amazon prime to watch videos.
If you still see the error text, kindly follow the below methods to eliminate the errors.
Method 4 —Turn Off VPN or Proxy Services
No one can deny the importance of VPN or proxy services when you want personal security for your location and information. However, if you are undergoing this issue while using VPN services, disable your VPN and check whether the problem is still persisting. Try to start using Amazon Prime normally without connecting to any VPN or Proxy network.
Make sure to move to private and secure internet while using any organization and public places network; hackers can easily track down your activities and hack your devices.
Apart from that, if you are using several Roku devices with only a single account, log-out from all devices and sign-in to only a single device to check the error condition. Similarly, if you use the same internet connection to watch videos on several devices, kindly disconnect it from all other devices to check if the issue still persists.
Method 5—Remove the Roku device from Amazon
If any of the above solutions didn’t work for you, some issues might be associated with your Amazon account on the Roku device. You will sign-in to your Amazon account from another device and download extra features and configuration for it.
Also, the error may be popped up when there is any file corruption in the account settings on the Roku device for Amazon. You will first register the Amazon account from your Roku device and then again add the account again by following the same steps reversely.
- Visit the official Website of Amazon and navigate the Settings option.
- After selecting the Settings option, choose kindly on the Digital content icon. You will notice one tab named “Digital Management” and tap on the “Manage your Content and Devices” option.
- Tap on the “Your Devices” option after opening a new window. You can see all devices you have added to this Amazon account.
- Remove the Roku device by selecting the deregister option.
- Then reboot the Roku device and visit the Prime video option. Select the menu option after loading the channel.
- Next, tap on the “Help and Settings” from the menu option.
- After that, select the “Sign Out” option. You will also see another sign-out option to log-out from your Amazon account. Tap on Sign out.
- Start the Roku device again and include your subscribed Amazon account, and also include the Amazon channel. Now, start watching a video to confirm if the Amazon error 9074 is resolved
Which solution worked for you to eradicate the Amazon error 9074? If the error code is still showing up, you may have nothing to do except waiting. The problem might be occurring due to backend server issues.